IT Infrastructure Engineer
Posted: 22nd January 2021
Are you an experienced engineer seeking your next challenge? Or perhaps someone looking to build on your current IT knowledge? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and excel with a successful business.
Celebrating its 40th year in the IT sector, Wharncliffe Business Systems is an award-winning IT solutions provider, specialising in Sage based accounting and CRM along with a vertical speciality in the textiles market. We design, install and maintain world-class software, on market leading infrastructure, to ensure that our customers rise above the competition. As well as being a Microsoft Gold Partner, we also have major partnerships with other leading infrastructure providers such as Lenovo, Sophos and Acronis.
We are now looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our small, but highly skilled team.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will implement, configure, troubleshoot and support operating systems, software, hardware and related infrastructure, working both on-site and remotely, with on-premise and Cloud based solutions.
- Install and implement IT hardware and software solutions
- Work on customer systems, both remotely and on-site
- Provide support remotely and on-site to maintain solutions
- Update customers on the progress of your tasks, orders, and cases
- Liaise with colleagues, suppliers, and customers to identify and resolve faults
Experience of the following would be beneficial, but not essential: infrastructure installation and support, SQL Server installation, firewalls and networking, server virtualisation and Azure or similar Cloud platforms.
- Experience of supporting and administering Windows Servers
- Experience configuring and rolling out networked PCs and/or laptops and devices
- The drive to deliver excellent customer service and get the job done
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of a team
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly organised approach and the ability to prioritise tasks
- To be disciplined in working to systems and procedures
- A desire to continually improve operations and personal skills
We are eager to hear from candidates who have experience as an IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, Technical Support Advisor, or Helpdesk Analyst.
- Develop an exciting career with a well-established IT business
- Work alongside a friendly and collaborative team
- Internal and external training tailored to your level of experience
- Increase your knowledge and skills
- Work in a purpose-built, open plan office
Wharncliffe Business Systems is an equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Dependent on experience
How to apply…
Submit your CV
Return to Careers
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer. Strictly no agencies
Here we are!
Wharncliffe Business Systems
Wentworth Industrial Park