Coronavirus Arrangements for Wharncliffe and our Customers
Update: 17th March 2020
Looking for assistance?
Update: 17th March 2020
However, the situation regarding Coronavirus continues to evolve on a daily basis, during this unprecedented time Wharncliffe would like to assure all customers and partners of the continuity of our service. We’d also like to ensure our customers get the advice and assistance they need to deal with any requirements such as users working from home.
We’ve put together some information below regarding both areas and will continue to update this as the position changes so please continue to check this page for the latest information.
How we’re planning for Coronavirus
With the systems we have in place, and with the vast majority of our team being mobile as part of their roles, our staff will be able to work from home if required, meaning that, in the event of any escalation, we are not expecting any disruption to the availability of support and ongoing services. We are able to connect to users and servers via remote software and also carry out web and screen sharing sessions from any location.
Should there be a position where our entire team has to work remotely our Business Continuity Plan covers the measures required to maintain our operation, and we will provide specific details through this page, via an email, and on our phone system messages if needed.
If you are a customer that is currently in the process of a live implementation, we fully appreciate that you will want to avoid any delays in your project, and we can therefore confirm the following:
- We are currently operating as normal with scheduled site visits going ahead and remote work continuing as planned.
- If any of our team are unavailable we will notify you as early as possible and discuss the implications and alternative arrangements/rescheduling.
- Where possible, if a site visit is not possible, we will endeavour to carry this out remotely using the range of solutions available including web conferencing and screen sharing.
- In the event that there is a travel disruption and the consultant/engineer cannot attend we will inform you as soon as possible and, as above, we can offer remote assistance or rearrange the delivery day.
- Every effort is in place to minimise the disruption to project delivery and currently we do not anticipate any impacts to go live dates. Our project team will keep you up to date should any issues arise.
Assistance and advice to customers
We appreciate that all businesses are needing to make contingency plans for the impact of the virus, either for individuals having to work from home or whole elements/all departments. As part of this it may be necessary to provide consultancy advice to facilitate the remote access and other system changes:
- Customers who use our single-source-of-responsibility IT Infrastructure may need assistance configuring remote access for users to allow them to connect from personal PCs.
- Customers who have software support for solutions such as Sage 200, Realitex200, and Sage CRM may need assistance with remote access to the software and any configuration changes they may need.
- We’d recommend considering what provisions and changes may be required to route or handle telephone calls in and out.
- If you are intending to allow your staff to use personal PCs/laptops to connect to your internal systems we’d recommend ensuring these devices have up to date and good quality Anti-Virus (AV) software in place. You may want to consider extending the licences of your corporate AV solution to cover these devices during the period of remote working.
- Other aspects of your systems such as printing and integrated systems should also be considered.
- You may want to prepare the remote system access well in advance to avoid the need to react if/when they become required. There is likely to be very high demand for Assistance with any configuration changes and this may lead to a delay in getting the facilities in place if left too late.
If you require any help or assistance with the above, or any other aspects of your systems to deal with the Coronavirus, just let us know and we will arrange one or more of our team to provide the consultancy and changes required, either using your Assistance Pack if in place, or normal hourly rate Assistance.
This is clearly a challenging position for everyone and, as always, our team remains fully committed to assisting and supporting you, and to continue with the high level of customer service we deliver.
If you need any further information or would like to discuss the position, please don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager or Project Manager.
Getting in touch…
Getting the answers you need is simple! You can call a member of our experienced team or speak to our dedicated and knowledgeable sales team who can simply speak to you over the phone, arrange a meeting with you, or arrange a demonstration tailored to your business requirements.