365 Announcements from the Build 2019 Event
This week at Microsoft Build 2019, Microsoft has announced the latest innovations in Microsoft 365. These updates represent Microsoft’s next steps toward creating new, smarter ways to work by breaking down barriers between people and across apps and devices.
At the heart of these latest innovations is Microsoft Graph, which powers the most important components of Microsoft 365. From “born in the cloud” experiences like Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Search, and MyAnalytics, to modern, cloud-connected collaboration in established apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The following is a quick summary of the Microsoft 365 announcements from this year’s Build event. Here are the top announcements:
- The next version of Microsoft Edge will include a host of new features, such as Internet Explorer mode, additional privacy controls, and new collections capabilities.
- Microsoft Graph data connect is now available, enabling organisations to derive deeper insight about effective work patterns to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Later this year, Microsoft will be launching the Fluid Framework, a developer technology for building a new class of shared, interactive experiences on the web.
- Microsoft demonstrated a new conversational AI engine that can build memory from turn to turn—delivering truly conversational experiences and helping users get more done.
- Microsoft Search is now available across Microsoft 365 experiences, enabling users to discover relevant people, content, commands, and activities across devices.
- Coming this summer, a preview of new MyAnalytics capabilities will help users prioritise focus time.
- Developers can now build Actionable Messages for Outlook mobile that enable people to take action now, without having to switch apps—making it faster to get things done.
- Coming to Word Online in June, a preview of Ideas in Word, designed to give every Word user an AI-powered editor in the cloud.
- Support for new policies in Microsoft Teams will allow IT administrators to deploy and pin third-party and line-of-business apps to specific roles or departments.
- Exciting new tools for developers include Windows Terminal, React Native for Windows, and Windows Subsystem for Linux 2.
Sage 200 News
Every month Sage offers a FREE monthly report, we post details of these on our social media and have embedded Sage’s page below where you can find details of this month’s and previous month’s reports. Just contact us on 01226 361100 to get any of these free Sage reports installed.